What I Use
Note 02-10-2021: This is a tad incomplete. I will be adding more soon!
For work I use a MacOS machine. For personal use I've been using Arch for about 3 months. I'm in the process of upgrading the NVME drive in my PC for a new fresh install of Arch for personal projects.
- Terminal: Kitty
- Shell: ZSH w/ Oh-My-Zsh
- Shell Theme: PowerLevel10k
- Editor: Emacs
- Editor Config Base: Doom Pre-Configuration
- Tasks/Time/Notes/Journal: Org Mode for Emacs
- Theme: Nord Theme
- Window Manager:
Emacs houses a lot of other functionality that I would use other apps for. It's my rss reader, gemini client, task manager, writing tool, rest client, repl for multiple languages, and perpetual time sink.
Other Random Tools
Herman Miller Aeron Chair (I have a much older version than what's linked)
For my day job:
- 16" MacBook Pro late 2020
- LG Ultrafine 5k Display
- 15" Macbook Pro w/ Retina Display mid 2015 (Apples best laptop from the past decade IMO)
- Custom built PC
- Dell Ultrasharp 4k 27" Monitor
- Asus VG27AQ 2k Gaming Monitor
There are several FOSS technologies I want to put to use in the near term.
- Goat Counter: This is an analytics tool that can be self-hosted. It also maintains privacy as a priority so no cookies or really any tracking of user agents or PID. Just used for analytics
- LinkDing: This is a web bookmark application that is self hosted.
- BitWarden: A replacement for 1Password & LastPass that again, can be completely self hosted. It also comes with extensions for all major browsers and platforms so the UX stays pretty similar to 1Password. It's also open source.
- Next Cloud or Own Cloud: A replacement for anything "cloud related". My hope is to set this up and run it on a Rasberry Pi from my home to backup all my photos & files and keep it secure myself.